Pull Request Opened #github

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by jaacoppi:

#888 Set number handling on by default

Can you check my findings and assumptions. This commit will change many languages.

I was instructing someone who is currently adding a new language. They had problems getting numbers working. Nothing in _list was processed. The reason is that number processing is disabled by default. I think it should be on by default so adding a new language is easier. Also see the reasoning in the commit message.

There can be errors if the number definitions are incomplete. The solution would be to fix the number handling code instead of disabling it by default.

I don't speak most of the language affected here. I used a combination of google translate and manually reading the diffs and _list files to figure it out.

If we don't want to change the default behavior we should turn on number processing for those languages that benefit from it and improve documentation in docs/add_language.md to make sure contributors realize to enable number processing.