Topics

one last minor bug

kendell clark

hi
I hate to keep finding issues, but the word "deposited" is seriously mangled. Espeak -x deposited prints the phonetic as,"Translate 'deposited'
74 _) de (p@ [dI2]
1 d [d]

1 p [p]

114 p) osi (te [@zI]
1 o [0]

1 t [t]

93 @C) ed (_S2eivd [d#]
77 @@) ed (_S2eivd [d#]
95 @t) ed (_S2eivd [I#d]
1 e [E]

add e
Translate 'deposite'
74 _) de (p@ [dI2]
1 d [d]

1 p [p]

114 p) osi (te [@zI]
1 o [0]

1 t [t]

1 e [E]

dI2p@zI2t'EI#d". This is a very minor bug compared to the deposited one, but "unpronouncable" should be "unpronounceable". This is not a complaint, just a bug report.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

kendell clark wrote:

hi
Reece has fixed this bug very quickly, so thanks a lot reece! However, there's another bug I need to report. Words such as direct, direction, are spoken as "di rect" and "di rection", meaning the i is spoken like the i in hit and not like the i in dirt. There's also a bug reported by some of my french testers, that say that in words such as "arf" or "urf" the "f" is skipped turning it into "ar" and "ur". They say that these aren't real words, but rather words to substitute instead of cursing, like "drat" or "darn" are in english.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

kendell clark wrote:
hi all
One more bug I've found in espeak ng. I'm pretty sure this one was recently introduced. Words such as "murged" and "charged" are said as "murg d" and "charg d". The g in this cas is supposed to be spoken like a j, not a g. I hope that makes sense. I'd fix it but I'm not sure how. Would someone mind looking into this when you have time? This is not a complaint.
Thanks
Kendell Clark