Topics

Just starting with eSpeak NG

Robo Pi <antiquecraftsman@...>

Hi, my name is James.

I just started learning about eSpeak.  I installed eSpeak and downloaded all the information about it.  I can see where it's going to be perfect for my intended project.

However, I have since learned that I need to use eSpeak NG.    How do I convert over to eSpeak NG?  Do I need to uninstall the original eSpeak?  Or do I just install eSpeak NG and leave the original eSpeak installed?

Also, is there any information on the major changes and/or improvements made to eSpeak NG.  And would I still use espeakedit or is there a new espeakedit-ng too?

Valdis Vitolins

If you use Linux, install it with standard package manager. If you use Windows, download and install it from
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/releases/tag/1.50
Most important changes of the project are described here: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md