[espeak-ng:master] reported: Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #131 Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA
By alex19EP:

NVDA's driver still thinks sonic activates at 451, so 100% without rate boost uses 450 and activates sonic.

should espeak-ng change it back to 451 or nvda will fix this issue?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #131 Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA
By jaacoppi:

If the problem is in espeak-ng then it's a regression and we will fix it.

Can you do a git bisect to check which commit causes this? My guess is aa626828.

Also, would be great if you can figure out a test to see if sonic activates at 450 or not.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #131 Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA
By hozosch:

i'm not sure if that really is a bug. Sonic is used at 100 without rate boost, and from 18 onwards with rate boost active. There is a variant called "Fast test", where sonic gets activated at 74 without rate boost already.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #131 Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA
By jaacoppi:

if it is a regression, then it happened much earlier than aa62682 i think in 065a0e8

I'm not sure if we need to do bisect. my question is, is it really necessary to activate sonic at 450 and not 451?

Any value would be arbitrary. It could be 400, 425, 449, 500 and so on. However, if espeak and espeak-ng have behaved like this for 6 years already it's better to change the NVDA code if necessary. There might be other screen readers or software that expect to have sonic boost activated at 450.