[espeak-ng:master] reported: modifying the intonations file #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #967 modifying the intonations file
By nmstoker:

Last sentence seems out of scope but the details of your main request seem like they would be useful documentation. Good luck in getting a response 🙂

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #967 modifying the intonations file
By jaacoppi:

tunes are documented in docs/intonation.md. Do you need something else?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #967 modifying the intonations file
By nmstoker:

Thanks @jaacoppi

That documentation is great for giving a formal definition of the pieces that make up a tune, but it seems a little hard to relate to what they really mean and how that affects the output.

How about I take a closer look over the next few days and give further feedback then? It might just be that I need to jump into it and I can figure things out by experimenting and a bit more effort on my part.

Maybe @joshknnd1982 can add what they're after that's not covered too?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #967 modifying the intonations file
By jaacoppi:

Sure.

The original espeak codebase is very badly documented. We've tried hard to improve the documentation but there's still many undocumented features.