[espeak-ng:master] reported: Browser extension #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #972 Browser extension
By guest271314:

@jaacoppi Use case references:

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #972 Browser extension
By valdisvi:

@guest271314, you may provide pull request for review for changes in eSpeak NG. Though, from use cases you mentioned, I suspect that should be part of different project implementing Web Speech API as an adapter for eSpeak NG, but not part of eSpeak NG itself. Possible start may be reviewing e.g. eSpeak.js project. Rationale is, that eSpeak NG already provides API (which may be extended and/or improved, if necessary), but adding more APIs for different programming languages, frameworks and platforms shouldn't be part of core project to avoid feature creep and unneeded complexity.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #972 Browser extension
By valdisvi:

There may be dozens of projects, which use eSpeak or eSpeak NG. Probably, projects you mentioned are much better to start implementing functionality you need. But, I still doubt, that this functionality is needed in eSpeak NG project itself.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #972 Browser extension
By guest271314:

Again, the browser extension does not change eSpeak NG itself, the extension simply provides a means to use eSpeak NG in the browser - specifically a means to get the raw output as bytes, and as a MediaStreamTrack which can be used with WebRTC. The Emscripten port in this library does not parse SSML https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/736, and still uses the deprecated script processor https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/master/emscripten/js/demo.js#L26. I will also create a version for Firefox to use AudioWorklet instead of MediaStreamTrackGenerator, which is currently only supported at Chromium/Chrome.

I already implemented the functionality.

AFAIK no other projects implement the functionality described, perhaps save for meSpeak.js https://www.masswerk.at/mespeak/ which uses speak.js and does implement SSML parsing.