[espeak-ng:master] reported: Hebrew is not supported #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #825 Hebrew is not supported
By OrionRandD:

I am running debian and I have: $ which espeak /usr/bin/espeak -> user@underground ~ $ which espeak-ng /usr/bin/espeak-ng

I am kind of confused. Which one should use? It seems the espeak-ng is better than espeak... Should I remove espeak or make a symbolic link from espeak-ng voices to espeak voices? If so, how do I do it? I also have mbrola voices for Hebrew and Arabic. How do I use them with espeak?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #825 Hebrew is not supported
By valdisvi:

If you have installed espeak-ng package, then espeak is just symbolic link to espeak-ng

$ which espeak
/usr/bin/espeak
$ ls -l /usr/bin/espeak
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 jūn 19 08:57 /usr/bin/espeak -> espeak-ng

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #825 Hebrew is not supported
By OrionRandD:

If you have installed espeak-ng package, then espeak is just symbolic link to espeak-ng

$ which espeak
/usr/bin/espeak
$ ls -l /usr/bin/espeak
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 jūn 19 08:57 /usr/bin/espeak -> espeak-ng

I dont think it is the case here:

~ $ espeak --version eSpeak text-to-speech: 1.48.15 16.Apr.15 Data at: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/espeak-data

~ $ espeak-ng --version eSpeak NG text-to-speech: 1.50 Data at: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/espeak-ng-data

~ $ ls -l /usr/bin/espeak -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27K jan 1 2021 /usr/bin/espeak*

So, the question about removing espeak or not...

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #825 Hebrew is not supported
By valdisvi:

If you have installed both, in most of cases you can remove espeak, because from command line and API perspective, espeak-ng is pretty compatible with espeak. Espeak-ng hase more features, but existing are almost the same, although, there have been some reports, where unintended changes were caught and fixed.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #825 Hebrew is not supported
By valdisvi:

Best way would to solve this would be to reporting it to ebook-speaker package maintainer.