[espeak-ng:master] reported: espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By valdisvi:

You are welcome to improve it. Look at contribution guide how to start.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

I think it needs to improve but I can't give feedback, can you guide carefully?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

Can you contribute or give me feedback? Programming is harder for me. I hope to have the right help.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By jaacoppi:

The golden rule of error reporting is: try to be as exact as possible. Give an example of what is wrong and how it should be fixed. Here's an example of how to report: "In the word Tiếng, the i should be longer, not short"

First, go through all single letters. Listen if they sound good enough. Tell us which alphabets sound wrong to you.

if you are using linux command line, use espeak-ng -v vi -x "text" to get the text output. If you are using windows and a screen reader, just try to listen.

Here's an example of letters a, b and c:

espeak-ng -v vi -x "a" 'a:7_|

espeak-ng -v vi -x "b" b'e7_|

espeak-ng -v vi -x "c" s'e7_|

Second, go through all diftongs (two letter combinations). These include "ai", "au", "ay" and so on. Report all that sound wrong.

Remember that we don't speak vietnamese so try to explain as clearly as possible. If you can find a website that has information, give us a link.

Third, go through all the tones one by one. If you find an error with a tone, check to see if the same error happens with every vowel or just with one vowel. Report all that sound wrong.

Fourth, go through single words. Give examples of what words sound wrong and how they should sound.

You can start with these four things. You can also report errors with numbers, word stress, sentence stress and so on.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By jaacoppi:

You can report by simply writing them here.

For example, you can report the single letters like this: These work correctly: a, b, c, e, g" "These sound wrong: d sounds like english "di" but it should sound more like english "de" f sound like english "ep" but it should sound more like english "eff""

It also helps a lot if you record the alphabets in your own voice and attach the file here.

Unfortunately we probably don't have time to learn vietnamese. We support more than a 100 languages. It wouldn't be possible to learn them all.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

I send you the Vietnamese alphabet and because I'm from the North, I have a different pronunciation from other regions, so you can learn other Vietnamese. Regarding Vietnamese vocabulary, each region will be different, so I think you should learn carefully and then release a new update:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/82768878/120092731-4a627900-c13f-11eb-8d31-c2cdb3382470.mp4

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By jaacoppi:

Try to follow the instructions I posted earlier. Now, provide the same alphabets as a text list and tell what espeak-ng does wrong.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

I'll give you a few more tweaks to make espeak sound better. For example, the correct pronunciation of â would be Â; ă correct pronunciation would be à; d will correctly pronounce Vietnamese as Go; g standard pronunciation in Vietnamese would be ledge; u has the standard pronunciation u; how to pronounce it; the standard pronunciation is õ; standard pronunciation box is umbrella; The standard pronunciation would be De. You can listen carefully to the pronunciation I attached. In general, there are some letters that are mispronounced such as a, ă, â, d, đ, õ, o, u, u,... I'd love your feedback. You can unmute because when I press play it is muted again.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

It is very difficult to write standardly as I say, because Vietnamese will not be like English. It has a lot of different tones and phonetics.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

The audio file that I attached above is the best pronunciation. You can listen again.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #951 espeak has not been pronounced properly with other languages
By NVCDevelopmentTeam:

I will write the full alphabet so you can learn: a, ă, â, b, c, d, đ, e, ê, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, ô, ơ, p, q, r, s, t, u, ư, v, w, x, y, z.