[espeak-ng:master] reported: Can't find Japanese language code. #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By kanjieater:

The _dict files go to /usr/share/espeak-ng-data/ on a typical install.

That error message seems weird in this situation. Check if you can compile other languages, like English (en). You'll need the files in dictsource/en_rules in your $PWD.

All of the other dicts were available in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/espeak-ng-data/ image

I've managed to get english to write a wav file that speaks. I copied the ja_dict to the dictsource folder that is being read but espeak-ng still doesn't know it exists.

When I try to compile the languages from the dockerfile I get Segmentation fault

#expose local file to dictsource which has the rules folder `dictsource`
/usr/src/app/aeneas/output/dictsource# espeak-ng --compile en
Segmentation fault

All of this is reproducible from the dockerfile, so it should be easy to reproduce.