[espeak-ng:master] reported: Can't find Japanese language code. #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By kanjieater:

Take a look at this... I re-installed this espeak-NG and I installed the latest one from here. I installed this one Version 1.50 , espeak-ng-20191129-b702b03-x64.msi now take a look at this.

There is no JAPANESE (probably some of the other languages that were mentioned too on the .md file where it says it supports the mentioned languages)

The only language that starts with j is jbo_dict

image

Tried searching for ja_dict but nothing...

image

Also on the voices/ directory there is no jpx/ja file. So the question is why is it when I install espeak-NG using the installer (latest version espeak-ng-20191129-b702b03-x64.msi) there is no Japanese? (also probably OTHER LANGUAGES as well that were mentioned on the doc that it supports the language... I am worried about it cause I'll be using this cool software in the FUTURE! Thank you for making this <3 )

But on the official source code again SOURCE CODE (not on the program files when you install the software) when I download it! It has this ja_dict file also the ja file. So I'm thinking probably the INSTALLER isn't UPDATED... right? if not then what could be the solution or at least the developers can update it so that I can use the Japanese & other languages as well that might not be on the INSTALLER but it is on the .md file where it says the language is available. Thank you so much! This software really helped me a lot and I'm sure too other people as well :D

image image

I'm running into this. When I download the source code I can find espeak-ng-master\espeak-ng-data\lang\jpx\ja but not the ja_dict. Any pointers? or can you upload the file here until there's a fix?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By gelodefaultbrain:

Yes, on the source code there are the relevant files for ja but when you install the installer and I check on the folder from program files . It is missing. Probably it's just not updated.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By kanjieater:

Yes, on the source code there are the relevant files for ja but when you install the installer and I check on the folder from program files . It is missing. Probably it's just not updated.

Thank you for your reply. There are no ja_dict files in the source. Could you please directly link to where the ja_dict file is? Do I need to build it manually with make to find those files?

That's strange, japanese should be there and espeak-ng -v ja "わかります" should work.

Can you check that ja_dict is really missing from C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data

I'm experiencing the same thing on unix image

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By kanjieater:

Yes, on the source code there are the relevant files for ja but when you install the installer and I check on the folder from program files . It is missing. Probably it's just not updated.

Thank you for your reply. There are no ja_dict files in the source. Could you please directly link to where the ja_dict file is? Do I need to build it manually with make to find those files? image

That's strange, japanese should be there and espeak-ng -v ja "わかります" should work.

Can you check that ja_dict is really missing from C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data

I'm experiencing the same thing on unix image

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By jaacoppi:

Thank you for your reply. There are no ja_dict files in the source. Could you please directly link to where the ja_dict file is? Do I need to build it manually with make to find those files?

make will compile it for you. Another option is to use espeak-ng --compile=ja.

I've attached the file here. ja_dict.zip

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By kanjieater:

espeak-ng --compile=ja

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll try to figure out where to plug that file in now

On Unix i still get:

espeak-ng --compile=ja Error: The specified espeak-ng voice does not exist.

This is reproducible with this Dockerfile: https://gist.github.com/kanjieater/79d86540215facb1cc383bbc73e34c08

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By jaacoppi:

The _dict files go to /usr/share/espeak-ng-data/ on a typical install.

That error message seems weird in this situation. Check if you can compile other languages, like English (en). You'll need the files in dictsource/en_rules in your $PWD.