[espeak-ng:master] reported: revert faulty code cleanup commit to fix garbled text in some cases #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #929 revert faulty code cleanup commit to fix garbled text in some cases
By valdisvi:

For me it doesn't do any changes. Before patch:

espeak-ng -ven -q "Testing ꦒꦩꦼꦭꦤ꧀  Testing"
t'EstIN t'@st@N

After patch output is the same:

espeak-ng -ven -q "Testing ꦒꦩꦼꦭꦤ꧀  Testing"
t'EstIN t'@st@N

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #929 revert faulty code cleanup commit to fix garbled text in some cases
By lukaszgo1:

I've tested this just by building a shared library, using it via NVDA, compared by ear output of the strings from the #915 and result is completely different before and after this PR. Could someone test by just listening to the output rather than relying on a phoneme printout. While this is certainly one way to test it is possible we're hitting a problem in whatever prints these phonemes.