[espeak-ng:master] reported: Occurrence of Javanese characters causes Espeak to mispronounce later text #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #915 Occurrence of Javanese characters causes Espeak to mispronounce later text
By lukaszgo1:

This also occurs with Cyrillic text. One example which reproduces this reliably for me is attempting to read

Библиотека для разработки текстовых игр TeravQuest // Теория и практика текстовых игр // Разработчикам игр // Компьютерные игры для незрячих и слабовидящих // Компьютерные технологии для незрячих и слабовидящих

with the Polish voice of eSpeak NG.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #915 Occurrence of Javanese characters causes Espeak to mispronounce later text
By lukaszgo1:

I've made a bisect and this issue has been introduced by c0ff3696b950a0fce6fd7e08f9b707969f046e4b @jaacoppi Since this commit is yours would you be able to look into it?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #915 Occurrence of Javanese characters causes Espeak to mispronounce later text
By jaacoppi:

Thanks for the bisect.

Since the commit is clearly a faulty attempt in code cleanup a simple git revert should be enough. Unfortunately I have limited time to investigate this for a better solution at the moment.

It'll take me anything between a few days to few weeks before I have time to revert, test and write a test case for this. I'll do it if no one else volunteers before that.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #915 Occurrence of Javanese characters causes Espeak to mispronounce later text
By lukaszgo1:

Would a simple PR which reverts c0ff369 be accepted, if so I can certainly do it? However if it should be accompanied by a tests or something more advanced I'm afraid this is way beyond my C knowledge. It would be great to get this fixed one way or another before NVDA 2021.1 is released so perhaps consider a revert for now but keep this issue open and look for a proper fix at some later point.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #915 Occurrence of Javanese characters causes Espeak to mispronounce later text
By jaacoppi:

Yeah, revert now and add tests later is okay.

However, I quickly tried reverting it myself but the problem persisted. If git revert c0ff369 solves this issue for you, send your PR so that we can test it as well.