[espeak-ng:master] reported: eSpeak-ng detects a sentence only if the next one starts with a capital letter #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #872 eSpeak-ng detects a sentence only if the next one starts with a capital letter
By Qchristensen:

I had a report from a user who is encountering this issue with eSpeak-NG not pausing after a sentence because they do not start the next sentence with a capital letter.

They advised their use case for this was that they do not use capitals in Georgia (I believe the European country rather than the US state).

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #872 eSpeak-ng detects a sentence only if the next one starts with a capital letter
By jaacoppi:

They advised their use case for this was that they do not use capitals in Georgia (I believe the European country rather than the US state).

In that case we really should have an option to choose whether to pause on capitals only or also with lowercase.

The change requires: 1. read the option in voices.c / LoadVoice() 2. check for the option in readclause.c / ReadClause() 3. add the option to Georgian voice file espeak-ng-data/lng/ccs/ka 4. document the option in docs/voices.md 5. add a test 6. collect feedback from users to see if it really works as intended

I'm busy at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to implement this in April.

Edit: P.S. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_language "In Mkhedruli, there is no case."