[espeak-ng:master] reported: Dengler, Binghamton pronounced differently based on capitalization #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #895 Dengler, Binghamton pronounced differently based on capitalization
By jaacoppi:

This is related to: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/620 https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/622

Since both words have already been updated for upper case letters I can think of no reason to change lower case pronunciation as well.

I'll keep this open for discussion for a little while first..

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #895 Dengler, Binghamton pronounced differently based on capitalization
By 0x5066:

This makes me curious as to why it makes a difference in pronunciation if the word is in lowercase or uppercase

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #895 Dengler, Binghamton pronounced differently based on capitalization
By jaacoppi:

In general, some words actually have a different pronunciation. Polish (people) vs (to) polish for example. That's why $capital exists and is explained in docs/dictionary.md.

For these two words I guess there are no words that could cause confusion.