Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Can't find Japanese language code. #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By jaacoppi:

That's strange, japanese should be there and espeak-ng -v ja "わかります" should work.

Can you check that ja_dict is really missing from C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By gelodefaultbrain:

@jaacoppi I suggest you try & install the latest version as stated here

either espeak-ng-20191129-b702b03-x64.msi or espeak-ng-20191129-b702b03-x86.msi

& try to find the relevant files for Japanese & probably other languages as well... Cause I did install them & there's nothing :(

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By gelodefaultbrain:

Hello @jaacoppi , Thank you for replying this software is really cool! I'm amazed how this is made in the C Programming Language.

First of all this espeak-ng -v ja "わかります" does not work also this one C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data does not have the ja_dict when I installed the latest version here as it is posted.

Now what I did is I downloaded the OFFICIAL SOURCE CODE of espeak-NG from the latest version & YES! I noticed that the RELEVANT files for Japanese are on the official source code but NOT on the C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data when I installed them. So what I did is I copied those files from the OFFICIAL SOURCE CODE (which I downloaded) & put them on the C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data , on this path by the way I put here the ja_dict file & on the voices/directory I put there is jpx/ja file. Now my question is WHY IS IT , those RELEVANT files for the Japanese are on the official source code? But when you install them... there is nothing.. as of now I think it's working fine cause I CONFIGURED IT, I am using this python package phonemizer which uses the espeak to get the IPA of a string.

I've already done this and have the latest version

C:\Users\LENOVO>espeak-ng --version
eSpeak NG text-to-speech: 1.50  Data at: C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data

but still no Japanese, I really think the installer is just not updated...

After what I did on putting the relevant files for Japanese on the Espeak-NG on C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\ I tried this code , so yes it gets the IPA but may I ask is this even correct?

image

I hope the developers can release a version where when I install the official Installer, then there is the Japanese there (and other languages specified in the doc) cause probably I'm thinking the packages posted are not just updated right? If yes could the developers update them. Thank you! This is a really cool software! I'm amazed how people do this really been helpful!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #864 Can't find Japanese language code.
By gelodefaultbrain:

Take a look at this... I re-installed this espeak-NG and I installed the latest one from here. I installed this one Version 1.50 , espeak-ng-20191129-b702b03-x64.msi now take a look at this.

There is no JAPANESE (probably some of the other languages that were mentioned too on the .md file where it says it supports the mentioned languages)

The only language that starts with j is jbo_dict

image

Tried searching for ja_dict but nothing...

image

Also on the voices/ directory there is no jpx/ja file. So the question is why is it when I install espeak-NG using the installer (latest version espeak-ng-20191129-b702b03-x64.msi) there is no Japanese? (also probably OTHER LANGUAGES as well that were mentioned on the doc that it supports the language... I am worried about it cause I'll be using this cool software in the FUTURE! Thank you for making this <3 )

[...]

But on the official source code again SOURCE CODE (not on the program files when you install the software) when I download it! It has this ja_dict file also the ja file. So I'm thinking probably the INSTALLER isn't UPDATED... right? if not then what could be the solution or at least the developers can update it so that I can use the Japanese & other languages as well that might not be on the INSTALLER but it is on the .md file where it says the language is available. Thank you so much! This software really helped me a lot and I'm sure too other people as well :D

image image