[espeak-ng:master] reported: espeak crashes with sum strings #github


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #824 espeak crashes with sum strings
By jaacoppi:

Thanks, that's my commit. I'll create a test to make sure this doesn't happen again and fix it.


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #824 espeak crashes with sum strings
By alex19EP:

@Qchristensen fyi. nvda is affected by this too.


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #824 espeak crashes with sum strings
By beqabeqa473:

i can confirm crash on first and last strings in nvda latest with espeak-ng set to georgian language.


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #824 espeak crashes with sum strings
By jaacoppi:

@rhdunn could you help with the test? I tried adding it to tests/language-phonemes.test but it doesn't work. The output is the same before and after git revert f0c345e. What's the correct way to test this?


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #824 espeak crashes with sum strings
By rhdunn:

I can't reproduce it on Debian linux with the default build flags. Given that it is reproducible from the NVDA builds (using Microsoft's Visual C++ compiler), I suggest trying a build of espeak with the various build hardening options enabled (like stack protection). What also makes me think it is something like that (a stack corruption bug) is that the strings are long, and don't contain spaces. If that does turn out to be the case, it would be useful to enable those flags in the automated builds as well.

The translate.test file would be a logical place for this kind of thing -- the same for #831.


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #824 espeak crashes with sum strings
By valdisvi:

@jaacoppi, assuming that #831 is related issue, I created test which currently fails due to segmentation fault:

make check
...
testing hi "---लच्छेद"
Segmentation fault
1d0
< l@c#:'e:d
make: *** [Makefile:2654: tests/translate.check] Error 1

Because it fails, I didn't want to add it into master branch, but put it separately as branch 831 in my project. You can use this test for your experiments.