Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: What is the CORRECT Identifier? #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #827 What is the CORRECT Identifier?
By gelodefaultbrain:

This is what I am talking about... I tried on the CMD then en-us as the language then it worked! Cause en-us is for english right? American!

But when I tried ar it's not working it says fatal error: language "ar" is not supported by the espeak backend

Now the point is why is this happening where LITERALLY on the docs it says for Arabic is ar. Am I missing something? please help Thank you!

image

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #827 What is the CORRECT Identifier?
By valdisvi:

What command espeak --voices shows to you? Does it contains Arabic in list?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #827 What is the CORRECT Identifier?
By gelodefaultbrain:

Here is the result there is no ar and I think the one I am finding is am since its also arabic and maybe referenced to arabic also based on the docs. But may I ask why is it that on the docs it says ar for arabic, so what would I use then to get the IPA for Arabic?

Anyways thank you! Now I can look up the right identifier. But still I am confused on the docs

Pty Language Age/Gender VoiceName          File          Other Languages
 5  af             M  afrikaans            other\af
 5  am             -  amharic-test         test\am
 5  an             M  aragonese            europe\an
 5  as             -  assamese-test        test\as
 5  az             -  azerbaijani-test     test\az
 5  bg             -  bulgarian            europe\bg
 5  bn             M  bengali-test         test\bn
 5  bs             M  bosnian              europe\bs
 5  ca             M  catalan              europe\ca
 5  cs             M  czech                europe\cs
 5  cy             M  welsh                europe\cy
 5  da             M  danish               europe\da
 5  de             M  german               de
 5  el             M  greek                europe\el
 5  en             M  default              default
 2  en-gb          M  english              en            (en-uk 2)(en 2)
 5  en-sc          M  en-scottish          other\en-sc   (en 4)
 3  en-uk          M  english-mb-en1       mb\mb-en1     (en 2)
 5  en-uk-north    M  english-north        other\en-n    (en-uk 3)(en 5)
 5  en-uk-rp       M  english_rp           other\en-rp   (en-uk 4)(en 5)
 5  en-uk-wmids    M  english_wmids        other\en-wm   (en-uk 9)(en 9)
 2  en-us          M  english-us           en-us         (en-r 5)(en 3)
 5  en-wi          M  en-westindies        other\en-wi   (en-uk 4)(en 10)
 5  eo             M  esperanto            other\eo
 5  es             M  spanish              europe\es
 5  es-la          M  spanish-latin-am     es-la         (es-mx 6)(es 6)
 5  et             -  estonian             europe\et
 5  eu             -  basque-test          test\eu
 5  fa             -  persian              asia\fa
 5  fa-pin         -  persian-pinglish     asia\fa-pin
 5  fi             M  finnish              europe\fi
 5  fr-be          M  french-Belgium       europe\fr-be  (fr 8)
 5  fr-fr          M  french               fr            (fr 5)
 5  ga             -  irish-gaeilge        europe\ga
 5  gd             -  scottish-gaelic-test test\gd
 5  grc            M  greek-ancient        other\grc
 5  gu             -  gujarati-test        test\gu
 5  hi             M  hindi                asia\hi
 5  hr             M  croatian             europe\hr     (hbs 5)
 5  hu             M  hungarian            europe\hu
 5  hy             M  armenian             asia\hy
 5  hy-west        M  armenian-west        asia\hy-west  (hy 8)
 5  id             M  indonesian           asia\id
 5  is             M  icelandic            europe\is
 5  it             M  italian              europe\it
 5  jbo            -  lojban               other\jbo
 5  ka             -  georgian             asia\ka
 5  kl             -  greenlandic          test\kl
 5  kn             -  kannada              asia\kn
 5  ko             M  korean-test          test\ko
 5  ku             M  kurdish              asia\ku
 5  la             M  latin                other\la
 5  lfn            M  lingua_franca_nova   other\lfn
 5  lt             M  lithuanian           europe\lt
 5  lv             M  latvian              europe\lv
 5  mk             M  macedonian           europe\mk
 5  ml             M  malayalam            asia\ml
 5  ms             M  malay                asia\ms
 5  nci            M  nahuatl-classical    test\nci
 5  ne             M  nepali               asia\ne
 5  nl             M  dutch                europe\nl
 5  no             M  norwegian            europe\no     (nb 5)
 5  or             -  oriya-test           test\or
 5  pa             -  punjabi              asia\pa
 5  pap            -  papiamento-test      test\pap
 5  pl             M  polish               europe\pl
 5  pt-br          M  brazil               pt            (pt 5)
 5  pt-pt          M  portugal             europe\pt-pt  (pt 6)
 5  ro             M  romanian             europe\ro
 5  ru             M  russian              europe\ru
 5  si             -  sinhala-test         test\si
 5  sk             M  slovak               europe\sk
 5  sl             -  slovenian-test       test\sl
 5  sq             M  albanian             europe\sq
 5  sr             M  serbian              europe\sr
 5  sv             M  swedish              europe\sv
 5  sw             M  swahili-test         other\sw
 5  ta             M  tamil                asia\ta
 5  te             -  telugu-test          test\te
 5  tr             M  turkish              asia\tr
 5  ur             -  urdu-test            test\ur
 5  vi             M  vietnam              asia\vi
 5  vi-hue         M  vietnam_hue          asia\vi-hue
 5  vi-sgn         M  vietnam_sgn          asia\vi-sgn
 5  zh             M  Mandarin             asia\zh
 5  zh-yue         M  cantonese            asia\zh-yue   (yue 5)(zhy 5)

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #827 What is the CORRECT Identifier?
By valdisvi:

On-line documentation is updated regarding to development version of eSpeak NG. To make it less confusing, I updated Languages page.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #827 What is the CORRECT Identifier?
By gelodefaultbrain:

Thank you so much! are you one of the developers? Thank you at least I can see the available identifiers... may I ask is am the same as ar to find arabic ipa?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #827 What is the CORRECT Identifier?
By gelodefaultbrain:

Thank you so much! are you one of the developers? Thank you at least I can see the available identifiers... may I ask is am the same as ar to find arabic ipa? Is it the same to get the IPA for Arabic?

Thank you! This package is really helpful! Really helped me a lot with getting data :)