Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Wrong Identifiers #github

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

Also on your .md it says "fr" and it should be "fr-fr" cause in python and on the documentation you have you guys indicated it "fr-fr" that's where I learned that it is not "fr". It's kinda confusing and it might help others too. Thank you!

By gelodefaultbrain:

"en-gb" works but that "en-gb-x-rp" does not work

By rhdunn:

The identifiers marked are the BCP 47 language tags for the supported languages. Because fr has a default country code of FR, you can omit that from the tag as is done here. Also, the dialects use the private tags (-x-[tag]) from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espeak-ng/bcp47-data/master/bcp47-extensions. Also note that BCP 47 tags are case insensitive.

The language file for en-gb-x-rp is lang/gmw/en-GB-x-rp, so maybe that issue is with a case sensitive check/match? However, note that the file contains the following:

language en-gb-x-rp
language en-gb  4
language en 5

so using the (espeak_/espeakng)SetVoiceByName/SetVoiceByProperties APIs should be matching the language correctly.

The French (France) voice is located in lang/roa/fr, so that is correct. Note that that file defines the following languages:

language fr-fr
language fr

so should accept either fr or fr-fr.

What program/python binding are you using? Do you know how that python binding is checking for the language? Do you get the same issue using espeak-ng -v [LANG]?

By valdisvi:

There is no voice es-la in eSpeak NG defined therefore it is simplified to just es.

By gelodefaultbrain:

I tried running that in python where language = "es-la" and it worked... hmmmm... may I ask why is that? Thank you!