Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: SSML cleanup #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #813 SSML cleanup
By jaacoppi:

I didn't even notice the test failing as it was added later.

Running this on current master branch: espeak-ng --punct -x -m -f input.txt with input.txt being a simple one liner <!-- Commenting --><speak>&apos;</speak> Produces: gr'eIt@D,an_: t'Ik.

That is clearly wrong. It seems that the current way of handling combination of comments and entity references is broken somehow, and 34657e7 fixes it. My aim was to change nothing, just reorganize the code, so I certainly don't know why this is happening.

The extra spaces in references.ssml2 are there by accident. I can add a commit for reformatting. Is this good? < > & ' " B B z z

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #813 SSML cleanup
By jaacoppi:

I didn't even notice the test failing as it was added later.

Running this on current master branch: espeak-ng --punct -x -m -f input.txt with input.txt being a simple one liner <!-- Commenting --><speak>&apos;</speak> Produces: gr'eIt@D,an_: t'Ik.

That is clearly wrong. It seems that the current way of handling combination of comments and entity references is broken somehow, and 34657e7 fixes it. My aim was to change nothing, just reorganize the code, so I certainly don't know why this is happening.

The extra spaces in references.ssml2 are there by accident. I can add a commit for reformatting. Is this good?

<speak>&lt; &gt; &amp; &apos; &quot;</speak>
<speak>B &#66;</speak>
<speak>z &#x7A;</speak>

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #813 SSML cleanup
By jaacoppi:

Thanks, live and learn.. I was only testing with an ssml string before refactoring, but wrote the committed test with comments afterwards.