Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: SSML input <voice name="value" age="value"> changes to default voice mid-sentence #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By jaacoppi:

Issue doesn't exist with espeak-ng --punct -m -f input.txt. I'll keep looking.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By jaacoppi:

Looks like is_end_clause or end_clause_after_tag have something to do with this. For example, removing these lines fixes the issue (but break something else): https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/5deac40b1a3804b46cc8539d731ad7f2608671ff/src/libespeak-ng/readclause.c#L1111-L1116

I'll keep posting here until I find a solution

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By guest271314:

One options is to parse the XML as a document.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By jaacoppi:

One options is to parse the XML as a document.

That's the long term plan in #369. I've been restructuring SSML support for a while now. However, the code is filled with global variables so restructuring is not easy.