Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: F-Droid (Request for packaging) - For info #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #644 F-Droid (Request for packaging) - For info
By ArenaL5:

Hello there. I'm trying to speed up the inclusion in F-Droid (there hasn't been much progress in that request).

I created a merge request with a build recipe, and a maintainer has already replied. They're asking now for a one-sentence summary and a description.

Both used to be provided in the merge request (as you can see here) but they're following now a different approach: they'd like to add them directly to this repo, following either Fastlane's or Triple-T's format. This way, it's easier to update the icon, to add translations, changelogs, screenshots...

I can help you with translating them to Spanish from Spain, if you'd like.

There are also a couple of details that aren't absolutely necessary, but would simplify the recipe: - Replacing gradle:3.2.1 with gradle:3.4.0 in android/build.gradle (F-Droid servers auto-detect the version of Gradle they use, and the build doesn't work with gradle:3.2.1. - Removing the three extraneous characters at the beginning of dictsource/fa_list (it's no visible in the link, but that file starts with three U+0003 END OF TEXT characters, so the servers mistake it for a binary file.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #644 F-Droid (Request for packaging) - For info
By ArenaL5:

Hello there. I'm trying to speed up the inclusion in F-Droid (there hasn't been much progress in that request).

I created a merge request with a build recipe, and a maintainer has already replied. They're asking now for a one-sentence summary and a description.

Both used to be provided in the merge request (as you can see here) but they're following now a different approach: they'd like to add them directly to this repo, following either Fastlane's or Triple-T's format. This way, it's easier to update the icon, to add translations, changelogs, screenshots...

I can help you with translating them to Spanish from Spain, if you'd like.

There are also a couple of details that aren't absolutely necessary, but would simplify the recipe: - ~Replacing gradle:3.2.1 with gradle:3.4.0 in android/build.gradle (F-Droid servers auto-detect the version of Gradle they use, and the build doesn't work with gradle:3.2.1).~ (Nevermind, I was checking an old commit.) - Removing the three extraneous characters at the beginning of dictsource/fa_list (it's no visible in the link, but that file starts with three U+0003 END OF TEXT characters, so the servers mistake it for a binary file. - Updating the version code and the version number at android/AndroidManifest.xml too (this would enable F-Droid to automatically update your app when you tag a new release version).

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #644 F-Droid (Request for packaging) - For info
By ArenaL5:

Perfect. Only the metadata are missing now. (Summary, description...)

You can follow either manual I linked earlier (Fastlane or Triple-T). As far as I can tell, the easiest way to do is to follow the Fastlane manual and add these nested folders to the root of this repository:

fastlane/metadata/android/en-US

and, inside the en-US folder, fill in the files short_description.txt and full_description.txt. Extra files can be added whenever you want following the instructions at https://gitlab.com/snippets/1895688; at the very least, I would add the app icon at fastlane/metadata/android/en-US/images/icon.png.

full_description.txt can be mostly copied from your README.md

After you add the skeleton for any of these systems, I can create a pull request to this repo to add translations to Spanish (Spain).