Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: SSML input <voice name="value" age="value"> changes to default voice mid-sentence #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By jaacoppi:

Attached diff seems to fix this: fix_737.txt

Unfortunately, it also breaks tests so it can't be merged yet. I'll see if I can figure out why.

I found this out by accident, my intention was just to do code cleanup by separating ReadClause and SSML logic.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By jaacoppi:

Changing strlen() to wcslen() fixed the tests.

I still don't understand why this change fixes the bug, or if this change will break something else. I'll keep submit a PR anyway.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #737 SSML input changes to default voice mid-sentence
By guest271314:

Am not familiar with C. This is how wrote <voice> tag parser in JavaScript https://github.com/guest271314/SSMLParser/blob/master/voice/parseSSMLVoiceElementNameAttribute.js. Once voices are loaded (need to set voice variants to 1 in espeak-ng configuration file after executing spd-conf and may need to execute speechSynthesis.getVoices() twice to load variants) am able to parse <voice></voice> elements with SSML, test https://guest271314.github.io/SSMLParser/.