Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Could anyone pls make a simple guide on how to build espeak-ng on windows? #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #807 Could anyone pls make a simple guide on how to build espeak-ng on windows?
By Lamashino:

Yes, you are right. I had similar issues and I "googled" solutions for those problems with Visual Studio 2019.

In particular, to fix the "stddef.h" and some others that will arise, you have to add to the project properties the path to the "includes" (in my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17763.0\ucrt) and the path to the libraries (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.17763.0\ucrt\x64) into the Libraries section.

In addition to this, you will probably have problems with some definitions as "IS_ISDIR" and similar. I just added them at the beginning of the files (only in my "personal" copy of the project).

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #807 Could anyone pls make a simple guide on how to build espeak-ng on windows?
By rhdunn:

@Lamashino The S_ISDIR and other definitions should be handled by src/include/compat/sys/stat.h, etc. It may be an ordering issue given that you added include directories to the path -- you may need to move those to the end of the list so it checks them last. That is, so the compat file is included first, then that includes the Microsoft header.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #807 Could anyone pls make a simple guide on how to build espeak-ng on windows?
By vcjob:

@Lamashino , @rhdunn Thank you for the answers! I fixed multiple error, including "stddef.h", M_PI, S_ISDIR... Now fighting with the Error LNK2019: int __cdecl invoke_main(void) ( invoke_main@@yahxz) and LNK1120. Strange, since I've got my linker-system-subsystem set to Windows (/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS)