Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language #github

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #802 Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language
By Lamashino:

Hello! You should try to remove the whitespace between "-v ru" and write "-vru" directly.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #802 Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language
By rhdunn:

Does espeak-ng --voices list all voices or only English?

Have you checked that Russian was selected when installing espeak-ng (in the Languages feature in the "components to install" page of the installer)? If not, you can either select the language itself, or the parent Languages group to enable all languages.

By vcjob:

Does espeak-ng --voices list all voices or only English?

Have you checked that Russian was selected when installing espeak-ng (in the Languages feature in the "components to install" page of the installer)? If not, you can either select the language itself, or the parent Languages group to enable all languages.

@rhdunn Thank you for the answer. As I noted earlier, there is Russian language. You can also see it from the picture down below. I did reinstall it multiple times, selecting each time different option for Russian language, as well as doing espeak-ng --compile=ru, but no success. One thing to mention b.t.w., there are two version of Russian in the linux version:

5  ru              --/M      Russian            zle/ru
2  ru-lv           --/M      Russian_(Latvia)   zle/ru-LV

But I don't see much interesting here, anyway I always use -v ru or -vru, not -v ru-lv

By vcjob:

One interesting thing also here to mention: when I remove all the languages except for Russian, and try to do espeak-ng -x привет, I get result: Error: The specified espeak-ng voice does not exist. When the same time I do espeak-ng -v ru -x привет, I get the result (I did not copy it myself that many times, that all I've got):

Can't read dictionary file: 'C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data\en_dict'
Can't read dictionary file: 'C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data\en_dict'

If I remove the last language left on espeak-ng installation, Russian, than I get each time, no matter if I add -v ruor -vru or just the key -x with no language specification, I get the same error: Error: The specified espeak-ng voice does not exist.

Hope It can clarify something... If so, let me know if I can do anything about it! I did not succeed building it on windows and, even if I would, that would be insane to repeat it on the other machine.

Thank you for any help!