Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #802 Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language
By Lamashino:

Hello! You should try to remove the whitespace between "-v ru" and write "-vru" directly.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #802 Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language
By rhdunn:

Does espeak-ng --voices list all voices or only English?

Have you checked that Russian was selected when installing espeak-ng (in the Languages feature in the "components to install" page of the installer)? If not, you can either select the language itself, or the parent Languages group to enable all languages.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #802 Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language
By vcjob:

Does espeak-ng --voices list all voices or only English?

Have you checked that Russian was selected when installing espeak-ng (in the Languages feature in the "components to install" page of the installer)? If not, you can either select the language itself, or the parent Languages group to enable all languages.

@rhdunn Thank you for the answer. As I noted earlier, there is Russian language. You can also see it from the picture down below. I did reinstall it multiple times, selecting each time different option for Russian language, as well as doing espeak-ng --compile=ru, but no success. One thing to mention b.t.w., there are two version of Russian in the linux version:

5  ru              --/M      Russian            zle/ru
2  ru-lv           --/M      Russian_(Latvia)   zle/ru-LV

But I don't see much interesting here, anyway I always use -v ru or -vru, not -v ru-lv

image

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #802 Espeak-ng on windows: can not specify language
By vcjob:

One interesting thing also here to mention: when I remove all the languages except for Russian, and try to do espeak-ng -x привет, I get result: Error: The specified espeak-ng voice does not exist. When the same time I do espeak-ng -v ru -x привет, I get the result (I did not copy it myself that many times, that all I've got):

Can't read dictionary file: 'C:\Program Files\eSpeak NG\/espeak-ng-data\en_dict'
[...]

If I remove the last language left on espeak-ng installation, Russian, than I get each time, no matter if I add -v ruor -vru or just the key -x with no language specification, I get the same error: Error: The specified espeak-ng voice does not exist.

Hope It can clarify something... If so, let me know if I can do anything about it! I did not succeed building it on windows and, even if I would, that would be insane to repeat it on the other machine.

Thank you for any help!