Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Please can I build Espeak-ng from Alpine Linux? #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #797 Please can I build Espeak-ng from Alpine Linux?
By jaacoppi:

Just try to build it and see if you get any error messages. If you do, report them here.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #797 Please can I build Espeak-ng from Alpine Linux?
By JanuszChmiel:

Autogen.sh fails to work thanks to copy word on one line. It would be exciting adventure to build Espeak-ng for Alpine Linux. But if Busybox Bash shell syntax differs too much from build scripts those scripts would had to be recoded. I will writ exact error code.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #797 Please can I build Espeak-ng from Alpine Linux?
By JanuszChmiel:

localhost:/home/espeak-ng# ./autogen.sh

./autogen.sh: line 16: --copy: not found My goal is to use Espeak-ng which will send audio data by using TCP socket to Pulseaudio sound server which run on Termux and uses Opensles protocol to send sound packets to some Android module, which play sound.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #797 Please can I build Espeak-ng from Alpine Linux?
By JanuszChmiel:

Oh. There is complex problem. Espeak-ng have been build successfully except some errors related to distronary files copy. But Espeak-ng can not send audio data to Pulseaudio socket. I have installed libao, pulseaudio but it did not help. It is very interesting which libraryes Alpine lack so sound do not work. I would had to run build in PUlseaudio and reconfigure it so it will use simple protocol and may be, that in this case, Espeak-ng would work, but this setup is slow and memory issues are presented on Android Termux and Proot in this case.