Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Full stop only recognized when followed by an uppercase letter? #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #785 Full stop only recognized when followed by an uppercase letter?
By jaacoppi:

Okay, so there's now two issues: 1) recognizing ". " followed by a lowercase word as a full stop I'll look into this.

2) ignoring all stress rules, instead of what's in the language files. dictionary.c has a few functions ending with Stress(): SetVowelStress, GetWordStress, ChangeWordStress. Adding the logic for ignoring all stress patterns might be there already. Take a look and see if anything rings a bell. If not, I'll try to add the required code there as well.

Please provide some sample words or sentences where stress appears even though it shouldn't.