Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Some German misspellings #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #721 Some German misspellings
By bdorer:

I'm not @hozosch but this looks good and should be included.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #721 Some German misspellings
By hozosch:

for "ware" it makes sense to do it like this, as it pronounces things like software, hardware, spyware, malware etc. correctly, which are more common. So yes, an exception in the list would do the job. The Arbeitsprozess thing is kind of hard. If there would be a more general rule to fix this, that'd be great. You see, it's made up of the words "arbeit" and "Prozess" and theere's this merging s in between, which happens a lot in German. But espeak can't tell the words apart, so, it uses the sp =[[Sp]] rule, when it shouldn't. I guess that's also something you can just drop in the list, but I wonder if there could be a more general way to fix compound word behaviour.