Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: the Chinese pronunciation is wrong #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #664 the Chinese pronunciation is wrong
By YangtseSu:

It sounds more like noise. I can't hear any Chinese words.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #664 the Chinese pronunciation is wrong
By valdisvi:

Please provide following information: 1. example of text, which demonstrates error and allows reproducing it; 2. explanation, why produced spelling is wrong and how it should be corrected.

Look for more details at Simple steps for your feedback.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #664 the Chinese pronunciation is wrong
By hozosch:

And which voice do you mean? Cantonese or mandarin?

Only cmn. 1. example text : "大" [dà] 2.It should be https://fanyi.baidu.com/#zh/en/%E5%A4%A7 (click the speaker)

But it sounds like "大4" [dà sì],https://fanyi.baidu.com/#zh/en/%E5%A4%A74 Espeak-ng pronounced the four tones as 1234.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_language#Tones

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #664 the Chinese pronunciation is wrong
By hozosch:

Ah I see. This should be already fixed in espeak 1.49.3 dev. You can test it here