Topics

[espeak-ng:master] reported: Support more dialects of English #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #190 Support more dialects of English
By nmstoker:

It has been quite a while since this was raised - has there been any further thought or development relating to this?

I think it would be really useful to tackle supporting a wider range of dialects.

Recently I was looking through the en-GB-x-rp output and noticed a few inconsistencies that I don't consider to be a traditional RP way of saying words (eg the g for exit rather than an x) and I'd be happy to start contributing proposed changes but I didn't want to do that a) if it was going to break things for more general users and b) if the way things are stored is likely to change, as it would be better to make the contributions after any new approach is agreed.