[espeak-ng:master] new issue: The change to tests/translate.test to detect #824 causes unexplained failures on some builds #github


espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>
 

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by jbowler:
#945 The change to tests/translate.test to detect #824 causes unexplained failures on some builds

The change in question added:

bug: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/824

test_phoneme ru ...

to tests/translate.test. Apparently this is to detect the crash documented in #824 and cannot be removed (despite the fact that #824 is closed). Unfortunately this test also demonstrates some variability in the phoneme output which apparently depends on compiler version. I see these changes:

ka v'os; --> ka# v'os; ka vOs; --> ka# vOs; ka t@-r; --> ka# t@-r; ka S,E#s; --> ka# S,E#s;t; 'ista d; --> 'ista# d; E2sta d; --> E2sta# d; ka n'ojldv'A! tR; --> ka# n'ojldv'A! tR; 'ista d; --> 'ista# d;

I.e. every "a " in the correct phoneme output becomes "a# ". I checked translate.test and the byte sequence "a# " does not occur in any of the tests.

The repro sequence, starting from a totally clean git clone (git clean -dfx) is:

./autogen.sh ./configure make check

So all the configure options are the default. I didn't check what happens with the "extra" ru support, --with-extdict-ru (russian extended dictionary).