[espeak-ng:master] new issue: Sound doesn't play when inputted from powershell, but the same text is played when read from file #github

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by m3M0ryHuN73R:
#923 Sound doesn't play when inputted from powershell, but the same text is played when read from file

I am trying to use the ccs/ka (Georgian) language to synthesize text of UTF-8 encoding: გამარჯობა I try to run: espeak-ng -v ka გამარჯობა but there is no sound played. But when I create a file e.x. file.txt and write გამარჯობა inside that, it reads and plays without problem. My ultimate goal is to run this without reading it from a file. I am trying to implement this in Python to use it on my project by using a wrapper from pip, or by using the subprocess module to run shell commands.

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by m3M0ryHuN73R:
#923 Sound doesn't play when inputted from powershell, but the same text is played when read from file

I am trying to use the ccs/ka (Georgian) language to synthesize text of UTF-8 encoding: გამარჯობა I try to run: espeak-ng -v ka გამარჯობა but there is no sound played. But when I create a file e.x. file.txt and write გამარჯობა inside that, it reads and plays without problem. My ultimate goal is to run this without reading it from a file. I am trying to implement this in Python to use it on my project by using a wrapper from pip, or by using the subprocess module to run shell commands.

Notable things: $text = Get-Content .\file.txt espeak-ng -v ka $text

If I run this in Powershell, it reads file and also plays the sound. $text prints as გჃ›áƒƒ ჯáƒ. I am not sure of what encoding this is or how to convert this to a readable form.