Topics

[espeak-ng:master] new issue: Trouble indicating vowel lengths #github

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by boracasli98:
#768 Trouble indicating vowel lengths

My problem is: I'd like to turn a short vowel to a long vowel in the Listx file but unlike the word stress, I can't indicate it without rewriting how it's pronounced either in Kirshenbaum or in text. Simply the words in the Listx file don't comply with the rules.

for example, bar is pronounced bA:R, and däl is pronounced d&:l Liaisons won't happen in words in my listx file. Bar and Däl are included in it since they contain long vowels, which are not present in written Turkmen.

In my listx file: bar baar däl dääl

seniňdäl = Ten'Inn&l, incorrect but at least the liaison is applied here. but seniň däl = T'enIn d'&:l, where it should be TenIn n&:l (I don't know where exactly the stress is, sorry for that.)

kitabymbar = k,itAB'@mmAR, also incorrect but at least the liaison is applied here. but kitabym bar = kit'A:B@m b'A:R, where it should be kitA:B@m mA:R

Thank you.

P.S. I added most of the pronunciation rules in Turkmen and I'd be happy to share the improvements with you.

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by boracasli98:
#768 Trouble indicating vowel lengths

My problem is: I'd like to turn a short vowel to a long vowel in the Listx file but unlike the word stress, I can't indicate it without rewriting how it's pronounced either in Kirshenbaum or in text. Simply the words in the Listx file don't comply with the rules.

for example, bar is pronounced bA:R, and däl is pronounced d&:l Liaisons won't happen in words in my listx file. Bar and Däl are included in it since they contain long vowels, which are not present in written Turkmen.

In my listx file: $textmode bar baar däl dääl $phonememode

seniňdäl = Ten'Inn&l, incorrect but at least the liaison is applied here. but seniň däl = T'enIn d'&:l, where it should be TenIn n&:l (I don't know where exactly the stress is, sorry for that.)

kitabymbar = k,itAB'@mmAR, also incorrect but at least the liaison is applied here. but kitabym bar = kit'A:B@m b'A:R, where it should be kitA:B@m mA:R

Thank you.

P.S. I added most of the pronunciation rules in Turkmen and I'd be happy to share the improvements with you.