Topics

Editing ESpeak-NG Variant Files

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am currently looking at all the ESpeak-NG variant files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\synthDrivers\espeak-ng-data\voices\!v. I
was hoping to dip my feet in editing and improving ESpeak-NG variants
in the coming days, and see what I might be able to come up with.
* The variant files don't seem to have any extension. Which editor
should I open them with? Currently viewing a lot of numbers when
opening one of the variant files using Notepad.
* I would assume that if these numbers are meaningful, they depict
different parameters of a voice. Is there some reference on what these
different properties of speech are, so that I know what aspect of the
speech I am tweakingg when changing any number?
* Any other tips or thoughts on creating new ESpeak-NG variants and
refining existing one would also be useful.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Best Regards,
Bhavya