Topics

Compiling eSpeak NG

Simon Eigeldinger

Hi all,

Because there are no new espeak ng builds for over 1000 commits, i plan
to do random compilations for the windows community.
After compiling with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition i am not sure
if all languages are included in the MSI installer.

Does the msi installer update automatically by itself adding all the new
languages and putting it in the right directories?

I have installed the 64 bit version of VS 2017.
How do i compile the 32 bit version for espeak ng?
msbuild espeak-ng.sln
just compiles the 64 bit it seems.

Thanks in advance already for some hand holding. *smile*

Greetings,
Simon

---

Reece H. Dunn

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 08:37 PM, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
Hi all,

Because there are no new espeak ng builds for over 1000 commits, i plan
to do random compilations for the windows community.
After compiling with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition i am not sure
if all languages are included in the MSI installer.

Does the msi installer update automatically by itself adding all the new
languages and putting it in the right directories?
The files need to be added by hand. This is partially to ensure the languages are listed correctly in the installer, and partially to ensure the installed files each have a consistent GUID across builds so upgrades work properly.

I haven't figured out the best way to make the process more seamless when adding new voices yet.

I have installed the 64 bit version of VS 2017.
How do i compile the 32 bit version for espeak ng?
msbuild espeak-ng.sln
just compiles the 64 bit it seems.
Pass "/p:PlatformTarget=x86" for 32-bit builds and "/p:PlatformTarget=x64" for 64-bit builds. The windows build should support the standard msbuild configuration options for a build.

Kind regards,
Reece

Simon Eigeldinger

Hi Reece,

Thanks for the info.
Yeah the guids are always a little bit a difficult thing with msi files.
thats why i didn't like to use wix on my projects a long time ago.
Maybe you could update the wix project files? *smile*

I also thought of just zipping up all the compiled files so people just
need to unpack.
Is vs saving those files somewhere or is it cleaning up that all before
closing?

Greetings and thanks for helping,
Simon