Topics

german r, k and p phoneme changes and phoneme x definition added

Karl Eick

Hello,

I have changed some phoneme definitions in the german espeak. I would be grateful if you could implement them in espeak-ng so that they get incorporated in nvda some time soon, because I got feedback from people saying that it sounds bad with the definition I used before.

Thanks muchly in advance,

Karl

Simon Eigeldinger

Hi,

holy...
what has happened to espeak?
just updated NVDA and it sounds pretty broken in nvda next 14824.
better i downgrade.
let's hope that it is fixed in that patch.

Greetings,
Simon

Am 01.02.2018 um 14:55 schrieb Karl Eick:
Hello,

I have changed some phoneme definitions in the german espeak. I would be grateful if you could implement them in espeak-ng so that they get
incorporated in nvda some time soon, because I got feedback from people
saying that it sounds bad with the definition I used before.

Thanks muchly in advance,

Karl

---

Karl Eick

Yeah, it still uses the phoneme definition I used before, which apparently only I seam to consider as being ok.

The attachment contains some improvements to the "Bruch" r, hopefully it sounds ok to you once that has been implemented.

Am 01.02.2018 um 17:28 schrieb Simon Eigeldinger:

Hi,

holy...
what has happened to espeak?
just updated NVDA and it sounds pretty broken in nvda next 14824.
better i downgrade.
let's hope that it is fixed in that patch.

Greetings,
Simon

Am 01.02.2018 um 14:55 schrieb Karl Eick:
Hello,

I have changed some phoneme definitions in the german espeak. I would be grateful if you could implement them in espeak-ng so that they get
incorporated in nvda some time soon, because I got feedback from people
saying that it sounds bad with the definition I used before.

Thanks muchly in advance,

Karl

---

Simon Eigeldinger

Hi Karl and all,

I guess we need a espeak ng daily builds system so more can have a looik into espeak ng and how it works.
NVDA and Tesseract for example are built on appveyor.
That works pretty well and there are always new builds after commits so there can be seen where are issues and where not.

Greetings,
Simon

Am 02.02.2018 um 09:26 schrieb Karl Eick:

[...]

Reece H. Dunn

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
Hi,

holy...
what has happened to espeak?
Some changes were made to try and improve the German voice. Those didn't work, so I have now reverted them back to what they were before these changes.

Kind regards,
Reece

just updated NVDA and it sounds pretty broken in nvda next 14824.
better i downgrade.
let's hope that it is fixed in that patch.

Greetings,
Simon

Am 01.02.2018 um 14:55 schrieb Karl Eick:
Hello,

I have changed some phoneme definitions in the german espeak. I would be
grateful if you could implement them in espeak-ng so that they get
incorporated in nvda some time soon, because I got feedback from people
saying that it sounds bad with the definition I used before.

Thanks muchly in advance,

Karl

---

Simon Eigeldinger

Hi Reece,

No big deal.
I was just astonished how it sounded. *smile*

Greetings,
Simon