[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by mse2:
#388 Cancel speak operation in synchronous mode

I integrated eSpeakNG support in MSEide+MSEgui: https//sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/ https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseide-msegui MSEgui uses a separate thread for eSpeakNG sound generation for platform independent support of asynchronous mode. eSpeakNG does not implement USE_ASYNC on Windows AFAIK. Now the need exists to cancel the sound thread from application mainthread. In order to allow this without race conditions I added the new function

#ifndef USE_ASYNC
 //can be called from different thread
ESPEAK_NG_API espeak_ng_STATUS
espeak_ng_SetCancelState(int canceled);
#endif

The code is here: https//gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/espeak-ngsync Binaries: https//sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/files/eSpeakNG/ Tested on Linux 32 and 64 bit and on Windows 7 64bit.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #378 espeak_Cancel() not working on a 64-bit system running Windows
By mse2:

See here: https//github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/388

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by jaacoppi:
#386 Documentation: unused reference to Place of Articulation phontab.md

Place of articulation is mentioned in contents of phontab.md:

https//github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/16dffab873845a839eb47d8b2db82578aaa8944d/docs/phontab.md#L8

However, the actual documentation is missing and #place-of-articulation leads nowhere.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #386 Documentation: unused reference to Place of Articulation phontab.md
By jaacoppi:

Place of articulation is already fully documented in phonemes.md. Reference to it should be removed in phontab.md.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by jaacoppi:

#390 documenation: remove Place of articulation from table of contents in …

…phontab.md

Place of articulation is already fully documented in phonemes.md Closes #386.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by jaacoppi:

#390 documenation: remove Place of articulation from table of contents in phontab.md

…phontab.md

#390 documenation: remove Place of articulation from table of contents in phontab.md

Place of articulation is already fully documented in phonemes.md Closes #386.

4 New Commits:

[espeak-ng:master] By KarlEick <hozosch@...>:
b031015e1d4a: Added m8 variant This is a Variant I created called male8, probably one of the smoothest sounding espeak male variants ever. It sounds very good with inflection at 100, which I don't know if you can only change in NVDA or other programs too.

Added: espeak-ng-data/voices/!v/m8

[espeak-ng:master] By Reece H. Dunn <msclrhd@...>:
7cbef0eeb19d: Remove a dead ToC link in phontab. The "Place of Articulation" documentation was moved to the phonemes.md documentation, but the table of content entry was not removed.

Modified: docs/phontab.md

[espeak-ng:master] By Reece H. Dunn <msclrhd@...>:
b9739907e32f: Merge commit 'b031015e1d4aa732a249dc1a40587d08abe3cf9c'

Added: espeak-ng-data/voices/!v/m8

[espeak-ng:master] By Reece H. Dunn <msclrhd@...>:
062df03e9efa: de: revert the phoneme and dictionary changes

Modified: CHANGELOG.md
Modified: dictsource/de_list
Modified: dictsource/de_rules
Modified: phsource/ph_german
Modified: tests/languages.test

[espeak-ng:master] Label added to issue #386 Documentation: unused reference to Place of Articulation phontab.md by jaacoppi.

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by jaacoppi:
#386 Documentation: unused reference to Place of Articulation phontab.md

Place of articulation is mentioned in contents of phontab.md:

https//github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/16dffab873845a839eb47d8b2db82578aaa8944d/docs/phontab.md#L8

However, the actual documentation is missing and #place-of-articulation leads nowhere.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #386 Documentation: unused reference to Place of Articulation phontab.md
By rhdunn:

That is correct. I have pushed a commit that fixes this.

[espeak-ng:master] Issue #386 Documentation: unused reference to Place of Articulation phontab.md closed by jaacoppi.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #390 documenation: remove Place of articulation from table of contents in phontab.md
By rhdunn:

I have separately provided a fix for this.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by rhdunn:

#390 documenation: remove Place of articulation from table of contents in phontab.md

Place of articulation is already fully documented in phonemes.md Closes #386.

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by hozosch:
#379 Added m8 variant

This is a Variant I created called male8, probably one of the smoothest sounding espeak male variants ever. It sounds very good with inflection at 100, which I don't know if you can only change in NVDA or other programs too.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by rhdunn:

#379 Added m8 variant

This is a Variant I created called male8, probably one of the smoothest sounding espeak male variants ever. It sounds very good with inflection at 100, which I don't know if you can only change in NVDA or other programs too.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #379 Added m8 variant
By rhdunn:

I have merged the m8 voice variant, but not the other changes.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by rhdunn:

#379 Added m8 variant

This is a Variant I created called male8, probably one of the smoothest sounding espeak male variants ever. It sounds very good with inflection at 100, which I don't know if you can only change in NVDA or other programs too.

2 New Commits:

[espeak-ng:master] By Juho Hiltunen <jaacoppi@...>:
45e424394d22: my: Comment out the emoji translation that was breaking the pronunciation of '7'.

Modified: dictsource/my_emoji

b7d472776eb4: Merge remote-tracking branch 'jaacoppi/languages'

#385 my: Comment out the emoji translation that was breaking the pronunciation of '7'.

This is a workaround for #335.

Note that #302 is almost identical but affects bot '3' and '7'. There's probably other languages affected by this some issue as well. Could a test be made to identify all affected languages? Test to speak "7" and fail if nothing comes out?

[espeak-ng:master] Issue #389 German "V#" phoneme sounds wrong at a fast speed closed by hozosch.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #389 German "V#" phoneme sounds wrong at a fast speed
By rhdunn:

I have reverted the changes due to feedback, so this is no longer relevant. Additionally, it was hard to tell which changes had what effect on the pronunciation. It would be helpful to split the fixes into different related chunks (e.g. pronunciation corrections, new phoneme and associated pronunciation changes, changes to the r sound, etc.).

1 New Commit:

[espeak-ng:master] By chrislm <llajta2012@...>:
9dfe84e18b2f: IT: added exceptions in the italian dictionary

Modified: dictsource/it_list
Modified: dictsource/it_listx
Modified: dictsource/it_rules

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by rhdunn:

#391 IT: added exceptions in the italian dictionary

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by maiido:

#393 Smartfizz

french rules

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by maiido:

#393 French rules

french rules

11 New Commits:

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
a86756435df5: add french rules

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
2c598edc742f: cosm

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
2f4fac690a8f: Einstein ˈaɪnʃtaɪn

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
23f02d59b183: remove duplicates

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
145abf35b2fd: add comment

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
47e5a6278c5e: add comment

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By kira <etienne.daumail@...>:
55547a2aaa49: change ui j.i -> yi

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By Juho Hiltunen <jaacoppi@...>:
b69a8eab324e: fi: double the initial consonant of enclitics following a word in allative case allative case has a suffix of -lle. Normally it causes the doubling of the next word. However, enclitics should be treated like words in this case, so double the enclitic instead of the next word. Sources for grammar rule: http://scripta.kotus.fi/visk/sisallys.php?p=127 http://scripta.kotus.fi/visk/sisallys.php?p=34

Modified: dictsource/fi_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By Reece H. Dunn <msclrhd@...>:
ae84862e0ae1: Merge remote-tracking branch 'jaacoppi/finnish'

Modified: dictsource/fi_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By Reece H. Dunn <msclrhd@...>:
1389093f6387: Merge remote-tracking branch 'maiido/smartfizz'

Modified: dictsource/fr_rules

[espeak-ng:master] By Reece H. Dunn <msclrhd@...>:
d74ccbe6c3e3: Update the changelog.

Modified: CHANGELOG.md

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by rhdunn:

#393 French rules

french rules

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by rhdunn:

#394 fi: double the initial consonant of enclitics following a word in allative case

Allative case is recognized by -lle. Enclitics are: -kin, -kaan, -kään, -ko, -kö, -pa, -pä.

This affects words like "meillekö", "kalallekaan" and so on. Also handles multiple enclitics like "koulullekaanko".

There are quite a few cases besides this in finnish where doubling should be done, but they would need part of speech tagging to be recognized. The problem is probably the same for all heavily inflected languages.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by valdisvi:

#384 Refactoring of Russian language rules

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by valdisvi:

#384 Refactoring of Russian language rules