[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by ronaldaug:

#1019 Add Shan words in sh_list

Add Shan words in shn_list

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by ronaldaug:

#1019 Add Shan words in shn_list

Add Shan words in shn_list

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By valdisvi:

I already reviewed it.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By codeofdusk:

  • UIA is pronounced correctly when capitalized but not when lowercase.
  • exe and guid are often written in lowercase.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By valdisvi:

Please read what is proper use of abbreviations. exe should be spelled as 'i:; 'Eks 'i: not 'Eksi: because it should pronounce letters, not some jargon of initiated in inner circle.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By hozosch:

You mean it reads exe as a word? I can't reproduce it! Which version of ESpeak are you using? Or is it in certain contexts only?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By hozosch:

I am able to reproduce uia and guid though.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By hozosch:

I also don't think #1014 aplies here. I beg to differ between abbreviations which should be read letter by letter, or abbreviations which are read as words. The latter is a problem since they are ambiguous, but letter by letter ones don't create such problems I think.

@DaveTryon do you have any thoughts on these pronunciations (they are modelled on yours)? Are there official sources (that you know of) stating how these acronyms/abbreviations are pronounced?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1017 Fix several Microsoft-specific terms
By hozosch:

Don't mind my comment, I wasn't paying attention. So yes, exe is correct.

1 New Commit:

[espeak-ng:master] By ronaldaug <33022876+ronaldaug@...>:
7e5457f91e10: Update shn_list

Modified: dictsource/shn_list

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1019 Add Shan words in shn_list
By valdisvi:

@ronaldaug, I included only 7e5457f91e101b40d7af8e85ce877ca319b34b55 commit with actual changes in the project without merging branch. It is not required for you to merge branches on your forked project, you just pull changes from main project when they are included, because unneeded branch merges make lifeline of project more complicated and harder to trace.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by valdisvi:

#1019 Add Shan words in shn_list

Add Shan words in shn_list

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #1019 Add Shan words in shn_list
By ronaldaug:

Thanks @valdisvi . I'll avoid merging branches in the future.

Thanks @valdisvi . I'll avoid merging branches in the future PR.