[espeak-ng:master] reported: eSpeak-ng detects a sentence only if the next one starts with a capital letter #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #872 eSpeak-ng detects a sentence only if the next one starts with a capital letter
By sukiletxe:

tbh I use this to detect typos (you guessed it, missing capital letters), but yes it makes text complicated to read.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #872 eSpeak-ng detects a sentence only if the next one starts with a capital letter
By jaacoppi:

I agree. I think all three (. ! ?) should be treated equally for ending sentences. Dots should end the sentence if an abbreviation is not detected. Can anyone think of use cases that benefit from the current behaviour?

P.S. Handling dots / periods is one of the most confusing parts of espeak-ng. Just try espeak-ng "this.useCase(test).example() == null" - somehow it recognises the dot and speaks it aloud. That is very useful for programming.