Pull Request Opened #github

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by datajake1999:

#863 Fixed announcer variant.

It wasn't showing up because their were spaces in the name, so I removed the spaces and it now shows up.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by ArenaL5:

#860 Small update for F-Droid

I'm sorry I couldn't update this sooner. This is a continuation of PR #820 to list eSpeak NG in F-Droid.

They recommend having short descriptions shorter than 80 characters to prevent F-Droid clients from truncating them, so I'm just doing that with this new commit.

They also recommend increasing versionCode in every release, to allow auto-updates. In particular, they ask that the current versionCode (20) is larger than the versionCode for the latest tag release.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by demaere-oiie:

#858 qdb - lang belta (conlang from The Expanse)

This is a TTS package for lang belta, an artificial creole developed by Nick Farmer for "The Expanse" TV show. (NB: it differs significantly from the "belter creole" language in the books) It is an unofficial fan creation.

At the moment, it contains my best interpretation based on conversations with the speech coach for the show, Eric Armstrong, and people such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgaIqEioH4 who have learned the language orally, directly from Farmer.

For phonology and references, see documentation at the bottom of the following page: https://glaemscrafu.jrrvf.com/english/glaemscribe.html?mode=lang_belta-tengwar-dadef

pedantic notes:

  • the necessary phonemes were cut-and-pasted from other espeak-ng languages, en-us, en-rp, and jp.
  • there may be more aspects of the language revealed in upcoming seasons
  • we only have numbers up to (at most) 9'999 at this time
  • the 'qdb' abbreviation is q-private and has not been asssigned. 'db' is for da belte, the language's toponym