[espeak-ng:master] new issue: Stuttering since latest libpcaudio0 update on Raspberry Pi #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by vasilisvg:
#849 Stuttering since latest libpcaudio0 update on Raspberry Pi

I am not sure if this is the right place to file this bug. But I’ll try. This morning I updated Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Debian Buster) on my Raspberry Pi (sudo apt dist-upgrade) and ever since espeak-ng is stuttering when I play directly over Alsa. So for instance:

espeak-ng "Hello"

It will sound as if someone presses pause/play 20 times every second. This only happens when I play it directly, and not when I record the sound to a wav file, which sounds fine. It also sounds fine when I pipe the sound to Alsa like this:

espeak-ng hello --stdout | aplay

I think that libpcaudio0 causes this issue. It got updated this morning. I updated espeak-ng from 1.49 to the latest version 1.51-dev, and the issue still persists.