[espeak-ng:master] reported: add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6 #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #844 add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6
By josephsl:

CC @MichaelDCurran

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #844 add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6
By valdisvi:

@datajake1999, can you clean up commit history of this pull request that it doesn't have forward and backward changes of unsuccessful attempts? Then I could merge it without any doubts.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #844 add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6
By valdisvi:

@michaelDCurran

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #844 add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6
By michaelDCurran:

Firstly, this is cool that speechPlayer has been incorporated into eSpeak. Well done @datajake1999 for all the work. 👍 However: I have not worked on speechPlayer for quite some time, and cannot promise that I will have the time to fix any bugs or make any additions. The eSpeak-ng project takes this code as is, though I am happy to answer occasional questions on its history or implementation details if needed. I must also point out that there is most likely a licensing issue here. eSpeak-ng is GPL3 or later, where as speechPlayer is specifically GPL 2.0. Perhaps it should have been LGPL, or GPL 3, but at the time I decided upon GPL 2. It is my understanding you cannot mix GPL 2 code with GPL 3 code. However, as NV Access and I were the only contributers to the speechPlayer project, I thereby give permission from myself and on behalf of NV Access Limited, to have this copy of speechPlayer re-licensed to GPL 3 if legally necessary for eSpeak-ng to continue incorporating it.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #844 add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6
By datajake1999:

A relicense of this copy of speechPlayer code is fine by me.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #844 add SpeechPlayer as Klatt6
By datajake1999:

I just opened a pull request regarding the licensing issue.

@michaelDCurran, the licensing issue has been resolved.