[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #831 espeak android latest pree build crashes with the folowing hindi text
By valdisvi:

I got segmentation fault with -- signaling, that list of parameters are ended:

espeak-ng -vhi -- "-----लच्छेद"
Segmentation fault

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #831 espeak android latest pree build crashes with the folowing hindi text
By valdisvi:

I don't see crash, but unexpected behavior. If text starts with two dashes, it is interpreted as another command line parameter: e.g.

espeak-ng -ven "--ipa"

waits for standard input, and when input is provided it shows:

hello
həlˈəʊ

And, if you provide more than two dashes, it just reports that wrong parameter is passed:

espeak-ng -ven "---"
espeak-ng: unrecognized option '---'

And similarly for Hindi:

espeak-ng -vhi "-----लच्छेद"
espeak-ng: unrecognized option '-----लच्छेद'

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #831 espeak android latest pree build crashes with the folowing hindi text
By valdisvi:

After some wrong attempts, I got segmentation fault with -- signaling, that list of parameters are ended:

espeak-ng -vhi -- "-----लच्छेद"
Segmentation fault

And it doesn't depend on chosen language:

espeak-ng -ven -- "---लच्छेद"
Segmentation fault

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #831 espeak android latest pree build crashes with the folowing hindi text
By valdisvi:

After some wrong attempts, I got segmentation fault with -- signaling, that list of parameters is ended: