[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

Hello I also tried this getting the IPA from Spanish Latin America

I tried this code data_ipa = phonemize(data,language="es-419",backend="espeak")

and it doesn't work it says unrecognized language code, do you might have happened to have a list of the correct codes or Identifiers? :D Thank you!

image

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

Look :D when I tried "es-la" it worked! May I ask is this the same as "es-419", does "es-la" mean latin america? Thank you!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

Look :D when I tried "es-la" it worked! May I ask is this the same as "es-419", does "es-la" mean latin america? Thank you!

image

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By valdisvi:

Input words should be lowercase. If you want to mark that word should start or be entire in uppercase, you mark it with additional flags like $capital or $allcaps.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By repodiac:

Okay, thanks again. I close the issue then

[espeak-ng:master] Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!? closed by repodiac.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By repodiac:

Ok, I just checked out your suggestion: It works only, if I use lower-case so that the term is (common sense) !?! I first tried (Common Sense) which resulted in k'Omo:n z'Enz@ -- in literally pronounced German but not the correct English pronounciation!

Did I miss something or is only lowercase allowed with imports? Does this make sense overall, I mean you loose information on being substantive for a word for instance in German.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By repodiac:

Ok, I just checked out your suggestion: It works only, if I use lower-case so that the term is (common sense) !?! I first tried (Common Sense) which resulted in k'Omo:n z'Enz@ -- in literally pronounced German but not the correct English pronounciation!

Did I miss something or is only lowercase allowed with imports? Does this make sense overall, I mean you loose information on being substantive for a word for instance in German.

PS: I also checked the link you referred to above, it does not state that import dictionaries have to be lowercase...

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By valdisvi:

Are you sure you have imported entry according to the rules? It should look like:

(common sense) ,kOm@n'||sEns

because otherwise second word sense is assumed to be pronunciation and everything else after that is ignored.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By valdisvi:

Probably yo have not imported entry according to the rules. It should look like:

(common sense) ,kOm@n'||sEns

because otherwise second word sense is assumed to be pronunciation and everything else after that is ignored.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By valdisvi:

Probably you have not imported entry according to the rules. It should look like:

(common sense) ,kOm@n'||sEns

because otherwise second word sense is assumed to be pronunciation and everything else after that is ignored.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?
By repodiac:

Oh great - thank you for the quick response! I'll look into it...

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by repodiac:
#817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?

Hi,

when working on a German loan word dictionary (https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/814), to be imported as de_extra into espeak-ng, I figured that often/always(?) terms with more than one word are either rejected or -- worse - imported but somewhat crippled.

An example: Importing the term common sense into the German de_extra dictionary results in S'ense z'Enz@

$ espeak-ng -v German "Common Sense" -x
S'ense z'Enz@

Is this as expected -- then: why? and how can I provide for a proper import? -- or is this likely a bug? Thanks for any help!

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by repodiac:
#817 Broken import of multi-word terms from extra dictionary!?

Hi,

An example: Importing the term common sense as entry ,kOm@n'sEns into the German de_extra dictionary results in S'ense z'Enz@

$ espeak-ng -v German "Common Sense" -x
S'ense z'Enz@

Is this as expected -- then: why? and how can I provide for a proper import? -- or is this likely a bug? Thanks for any help!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply I am using this to get the IPA of words from different languages :D Here is the code where I use the phonemizer library :D

image

The last time I tried for the language french and on the documentation it was said to be "fr" then I discovered on your other docs using the espeak ng -v [LANG] I think that's on the terminal right? that it is "fr-fr" for french so I got it! :D

Now I am trying right now for the West Germanic English Received Pronunciations and I tried the en-gb-x-rp and as you can see on the previous images that it doesn't recognize it, and I think I am just inputting the wrong specifier for it so may I ask what would be the right specifier for it? Thank you! this library is really awesome and helps a lot :D

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

data_ipa = phonemize(data,language="en-gb-x-rp",backend="espeak")

This does not work and it doesn't recognize the language parameter value which is en-gb-x-rp I am just thinking that I am putting the wrong specifier just like what happened with French cause what I did is put "fr" and I soon discovered that it should be "fr-fr" so maybe yeah I am just putting the wrong specifier :D would you happen to have a list of it? :D Thank you!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

By the way I am not using any of the commands using the terminal, tho I've tried it :D as of now I am using this with python and it's really helpful