[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by valdisvi:

#717 Changes in espeak-ng core — improved MBROLA `all` parameter to list all voices

Reece, please review these changes and merge them if implementation is acceptable. Thanks!

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request updated by valdisvi:

#717 Changes in espeak-ng core — improved MBROLA error handling, `all` parameter to list all voices

Reece, please review these changes and merge them if implementation is acceptable. Thanks!

1 New Commit:

[espeak-ng:master] By Valdis Vitolins <valdis.vitolins@...>:
8aff8ada0832: Fix issue #714 — wrong pronunciation of gif

Modified: dictsource/en_list

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #714 Wrong pronunciation of "gif"
By valdisvi:

Then this should do.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #714 Wrong pronunciation of "gif"
By The1Freeman:

It does! Thank you!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #714 Wrong pronunciation of "gif"
By valdisvi:

Should it be pronunciated as g'if or g'If?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #714 Wrong pronunciation of "gif"
By The1Freeman:

I can barely notice any difference between the two, quite frankly, but g'If seems good.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #714 Wrong pronunciation of "gif"
By The1Freeman:

I can barely notice any difference between the two, quite frankly, but g'If seems good. Edit: I do notice a difference between the two in my announcer voice and g'If sounds better than g'if.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #714 Wrong pronunciation of "gif"
By The1Freeman:

I can barely notice any difference between the two, quite frankly, but g'If seems good.

Edit: I do notice a difference between the two in my announcer voice and g'If sounds better than g'if.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #712 Questions: Update via GITHUB and Read PDF
By valdisvi:

General contribution guidelines are provided here. You may be more interested in steps for your contribution part. eSpeak NG provides text-to-speech from simple unformatted text (or formatted with some SSML tags) . To read PDF file, you have to convert it into simple text with tools like pdf2txt.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #712 Questions: Update via GITHUB and Read PDF
By valdisvi:

  1. General contribution guidelines are provided here. You may be more interested in steps for your contribution part.
  2. eSpeak NG provides text-to-speech from simple unformatted text (or formatted with some SSML tags) . To read PDF file, you have to convert it into simple text with tools like pdf2txt.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #437 Misrendering of the word "wherever"
By PetrochukM:

Any updates on this?

@rhdunn Would you say that espeak is more stable with regards to bugs like this?