Topics

How can I get a copy of af_emoji?

Christo de Klerk

Hello all

I am maintaining the dictionary for Afrikaans, but I don't have a local copy of af_emoji. How can I get hold of it for local compiling and testing, please?

Kind regards

Christo

Reece H. Dunn

Hi Christo,

You can get it at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/master/dictsource/af_emoji.

The translations come from the CLDR (Unicode Common Locale Data Repository - http://cldr.unicode.org/) which maintains translations for the various emoji. The translated files are based on the English file (en_emoji), which is derived from the Unicode emoji data (https://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/5.0/).

Kind regards,
Reece

Christo de Klerk

Hello Reece

Many, many thanks. That was really helpful.

Kind regards

Christo