Topics

Thinking of trying to use MakeMSI to create the espeak-ng installer

Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger@...>

Hi all,

I found Make MSI.
http://dennisbareis.com/makemsi.htm
which might be interesting for us.
Doesn't need a lot of GUID generation.
I guess mainly just one GUID for the installer.
If i have some time in the next weeks i might look into it.
If someone has more time earlier then that would be also no problem. *smile*

Greetings,
Simon

Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger@...>

forgot to add maybe the MakeMSI group could help us designing a nice installer.
What do we need?

Greetings,
Simon

Am 15.11.2019 um 23:55 schrieb Simon Eigeldinger:

Hi all,
I found Make MSI.
http://dennisbareis.com/makemsi.htm
which might be interesting for us.
Doesn't need a lot of GUID generation.
I guess mainly just one GUID for the installer.
If i have some time in the next weeks i might look into it.
If someone has more time earlier then that would be also no problem. *smile*
Greetings,
Simon

Reece H. Dunn

Hi Simon,

I would rather make use of something like https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/msbuild/task_reference/heatdirectory.html to generate the installation for files in a given directory.

Currently, the installer allows you to specify which languages to install and it will only install the files needed for those languages. I would need to check if that wix task supports doing that.

Kind regards,
Reece

Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger@...>

Hi Reece,

OK.
Is that components list built automatically?
If that one makes a lot of work i would just remove it.
The install size doesn't increase all that much when we install all languages.
What do you think?

For SAPI voices we could do it like the old inno setup installer that jonathan duddington has created.
Having a text box where you enter the voices and variants to get them enabled as sapi voices.

Greetings,
Simon