Topics

Medium of Reporting Mispronunciations

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

Often, I come across words that are simply mispronounced by ESpeak-NG.
To report these currently mispronounced words, should I file tickets
on GitHub or share a bunch of them every so often on this e-group?

I would appreciate any clarifications.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...
Twitter: @BhavyaShah125
Skype: bhavya.09

Valdis Vitolins

The best way is to provide fixes with pull requests on
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/pulls

(Pull requests should pass checks and should not have conflicts.
If changes are only about spelling, you may create pull request
to my project https://github.com/valdisvi/espeak-ng to make life easier
for leading developer Reece H. Dunn.)

Second best way is to send updated configuration files in mailing list.
(Then usually I try to merge these files in my project and I create
pull request for Reece in espeak-ng main project.)

Third way is to provide list of words and describe, what should be
proper spelling as an issue in
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues

Single word may not be good candidate for issue, because usually
spelling should be described as more general rule instead of just
single word. (If word is in top 100..1000 of used words, it may have
its own spelling rule. All other words, if necessary, should be added
in specific lists in configuration files.)

In general, any notes, comments and contributions are considered.
Though, if handling of given information is more difficult,
it may take much more time.

Valdis

Dear all,

Often, I come across words that are simply mispronounced by ESpeak-
NG.
To report these currently mispronounced words, should I file tickets
on GitHub or share a bunch of them every so often on this e-group?

I would appreciate any clarifications.

Thanks.

Reece H. Dunn

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 08:28 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

Often, I come across words that are simply mispronounced by ESpeak-NG.
To report these currently mispronounced words, should I file tickets
on GitHub or share a bunch of them every so often on this e-group?

I would appreciate any clarifications.
For reporting mispronunciations, either creating an issue/ticket on GitHub, or listing them here on this e-group is fine.

If reporting the mispronunciations to GitHub, it would be better to group mispronunciations for a language to reduce the number of issues. Likewise, if you find additional mispronunciations, adding a comment to an existing open issue would be helpful to further reduce the number of issues. If you do end up creating multiple issues because you cannot find a relevant open issue, that is okay as well.

Kind regards,
Reece

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...
Twitter: @BhavyaShah125
Skype: bhavya.09

Bhavya shah

Hi all,

Thanks Valdis and Reece for the information. I will probably file one
ticket on GitHub and keep adding new mispronunciations as comments as
and when I notice any. I will do so once I have a reasonable amount of
mispronunciations in mind.

Thanks.