Re: Envisaging The Future of The ESpeak-NG Community

Russell James

Happy New Year!

Bhavya,

Thank you for spreading the word and for your warm welcome to this new group

Reece,

Thank you for your continued dedication to the development and support for espeak

Russ

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear ESpeak-NG users, developers, and other beneficiaries,
At the outset, let me sincerely thank Reece for appointing me as a
moderator of this Groups.io based next generation mailing list for
official discussion regarding the ESpeak-NG speech synthesizer. Also,
I would like to express my gratitude towards everyone who joint the
e-mail list via invites sent out on different forums, direct invites,
word-of-mail (not mouth :D) and also for those who have begun
contributing by spreading the word about this project and its
community, and by participating in it.
Following are some fundamental statistics that highlight the current
status of this group:
Member Count: 11
Group Owner: Reece H. Dunn
Group Moderator: Bhavya Shah (Me)
Integrations: Github (https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng)

Also, following are integral e-mail addresses to perform various
activities on the group:
To Post: espeak-ng@groups.io
To Contact The Group Owner: espeak-ng+owner@groups.io

At the moment, we have no special hashtags in use (apart from Github),
no dedicated subgroups (due to lack of their requirement) and no Wiki
material (due to their inexistence). However, our vision for this
group must extend beyond not only encompassing this in ESpeak-NG’s
next generation e-group, but also having a prolific and proactive
community of users and developers in constant communication and
interaction via this list. ESpeak-NG powers the speech synthesis of
two popular screen readers by default - NVDA for Windows and Orca for
Linux – which in turn fuel computer access for tens of thousands of
visually impaired individuals across the globe. Let us recognize the
significance of this open source project, and accordingly strive to
mobilize its users, developers and other beneficiaries as part of this
e-mail platform.
Please do spread the word about this mailing list and ask your fellow
ESpeak users to join the list by sending a blank mail to
espeak-ng+subscribe@groups.io And send a blank reply to the
confirmation prompt subsequently received.
In conclusion, I hope to dutifully serve as a moderator of this
mailing list in a just manner, and I shall try to the best of my
abilities to assist Reece in ensuring smooth functioning of this
e-group, in constant anticipation of your continued collaboration.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah

P.S. Due to Groups.io policies, the first post of every group member
will require approval from a group administrator. All messages from
that e-mail will be delivered directly thereafter.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Avid Enthusiast and User of the Free NVDA Screen Reader (www.nvaccess.org)