Re: espeak-ng and some letters

Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger@...>

Hi,

next isn't stable.
though the german issues also happen in next beginning just recently.
seems they have updated espeak ng. *smile*
fortunately the issues seem to have been found.

great to hear.

greetings,
simon

Am 05.05.2017 um 09:05 schrieb Sukil Etxenike via Groups.Io:

Hello,
This happens in the Spanish dialect of Spanish. It does happen in NVDA stable, but in Next.
Thanks,
Sukil
El 05/05/2017 a las 5:12, David Hilton escribió:
I just check with the last table release in Spanish, there does not seem to be any major change, no changes to the exiting on some of the dip have happened between old and new generations. The only alveolar uvular or guttural I can think of is final hour, which has always made that sound. Also which accents are you using, Latin America or Spain? There are slight differences in the pronunciation of consonants between those two accents of Espeak.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2017, at 4:17 PM, Sukil Etxenike via Groups.Io <sukiletxe=yahoo.es@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

What happened to Spanish? Espeak NG now literally deletes the word initial y's (try yo, ya, yate), and the /r/ sound doesn't sound right (it sounds as if it wasn't an alveolar trill anymore, but a postalveolar, or even more back, one). Also, the first sound in the dypthong in /oi/ sounds slightly more open than what it was before. And finally, the commbination /dy/ gives the approximant sound for the dd, rather than the plosive one.

Thanks,

Sukil

El 04/05/2017 a las 21:34, Simon Eigeldinger escribió:
Hi Valdis,

Yes thats the obvious one.
though when you are sitting there with a headset the whole day listening to the computer you kind of notice the small ones as well. *smile*

greetings,
simon

Am 04.05.2017 um 21:27 schrieb Valdis Vitolins:
The most noticeable difference I can hear is missing n at the end of
"stern".
For now I could say that it should be related to phoneme definitions or
sound generation, as phoneme representation is still the same.

Valdis
Hi Valdis,

Yes it does sound not right.

Here's another example:
http://odo.lv/Espeak?eslang=-vde&speed=160&output=-w&debug=-x&text=dr
ucker,+lampe,+computer,+stern,+sterne&formmethod=get

Am 04.05.2017 um 20:30 schrieb Valdis Vitolins:

When I compared current eSpeakNG build with few months older build,
I couldn't hear noticeable differences.
Does it sounds wrong on http://odo.lv/Espeak?language=en to you?
E.g.
http://odo.lv/Espeak?eslang=-vde&speed=160&output=-w&debug=-x&text=
Druc
ker%2C+lampe%2C+guten+morgen.&formmethod=get&language=en
Valdis
Hi all,

I just figured out while updating nvda that they also seemed to
have
updated the synth.

espeak ng now seems to have some weird issues in german with some
letters.
like the n and the s in special constelations.
as well as the c, k and ck.

The word computer now sounds weird and strange as something
happened
the c as it kind of got way too soft.
as well as the german word drucker, lampe where the ck like in
computer
starts to flow apart. the same with lampe where the p kind of is
weird.
in the word stern as well. the n is barely hearable.

anyone figured that out as well?

Greetings,
Simon

---