user feedback needed

kendell clark

hi all
Reece has made some important changes to espeak ng over the past couple of days. He has made the american accent sound much more american, which I like very much. He has also reversed a couple of changes I liked but I'm not going to simply ask him to put it back, since there might be a good reason for it. I'm writing to ask for community feedback. Should espeak say words such as experience as "ixperience", more like I've heard it said, and "enable" and "encrypt" as "inable" and "incrypt"? I believe so, but it also has to be able to distinguish between "exploit" when in a sentence such as "it's a security exploit" and "you've deliberately exploited the bug" in which case exploit is said as "ixploit". I can't fix this, I don't have the knowledge to even attempt such a fix. I could only fix exploit, the word, I couldn't write the rules espeak needs, only reece or someone who knows espeak ng's internals better could. This is *not* a complaint whatsoever, I love espeak ng. One more thing I've been wondering. Should words such as button, eaten, cuttin, etc be said with a glottal stop, that is, a silent t followed by the n? Espeak already does this for some words, but it does so with only some words, like button and eaten. The challenge there would be to not mangle words like "tintin" pronounced tin tin, and tintinabulation. What do you guys think? Are there any US english users out there who would like reece's idea of having different american accents, one that says exploit like espeak ng currently does and one that says "ixploit" like I've heard it? I'm not asking for reece to make changes, just for feedback from other espeak and espeak ng users. It's also worth noting that the only people who will see the changes are those who have built espeak ng from source, the copy built into nvda doesn't have these changes yet, and won't until an official espeak ng release is made.
Thanks
Kendell Clark